.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, September 29, 2003

A cosy life

For those of you who think being a politician is a cosy life I can recommend holding an impromptu public meeting with twenty constituents inside a cloud on the top of a mountain somewhere between Swansea and Ammanford without a coat. I had gone up there to see for myself the site of 23 proposed wind turbines and the impact they would have on the visual amenity of a very beautiful part of Wales. Unfortunately, I could not see beyond my own hand, though I am assured that on a clear day eight counties can be observed. Still, I learnt a lot about the 5,000 or so acres of common land on which I was standing and listened to the views of my constituents. The catch of course is that when the application for the wind farm comes in it will be determined not by the local Council or the Welsh Assembly but by the DTi. This is because applications to construct power generators over 50 mega watts are not devolved, unless they are off-shore. What nonsense!

I will not be posting for a few days as I will be away in Cardiff for meetings.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?