.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

El Presidente

Simon Hughes the MP for North Southwark and Bermondsey has won the election for President of the Liberal Democrats. It is the first time in my 24 year membership of the Party that I have been on the winning side in an internal election. As if to mark that occasion my spy at the count informed me that one particular spoilt ballot was great interest. Apparently, somebody had scribbled out the names of both Simon Hughes and Lembit Opik and written my name instead. They then scrawled a cross next to it. So not only am I on the winning side but it seems that I gained a vote even though I wasn't a candidate. I was quick to point out that the ballot paper was not mine but there is still that nagging doubt. Why only one write-in vote?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?