.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Labour caught out

I am grateful to Labour Watch for drawing my attention to this article in Private Eye the day before the postman delivered my copy to my door. I have reproduced it in full especially for my fellow bloggers Tom Watson MP and David Taylor, as a timely lesson in how fighting dirty can come back and bite you. There is also a Welsh connection of course in the person of Wales' first First Minister.

'Labour mercilessly (and successfully) mocked the Lib Dem candidate in the recent Birmingham Hodge Hill by election, calling her Nicola 'Nokia' Davies because of her day job working with the Mobile Phone Operators Association on planning regulations for mobile masts. But at its own conference environment minister Alun Michael is scheduled to speak about planning regulations and 'community consultation' on a platform paid for by..... the Mobile Phone Operators Association. The minister is sharing the platform with Mike Dolan, the association's executive director - and Nicola Davies' boss.'

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?