.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry Christmas

I know that a lot of people are expecting me to post today so I am not going to disappoint them if only to draw attention to this remarkable Christmas message from the Leader of the Welsh Liberal Democrats courtesy of Simon Titley:

"Incredibly, there are still some people in 21st century Britain who actually don't believe in the existence of Santa Claus! I'm not one of them. I love Christmas. From Christmas trees to panic present shopping, I choose to sing Christmas carols and offer festive cheer to total strangers on the way home.
............
To those Yuletide Refuseniks who say "Nuts to the Yuletide," I say "hey there, someone needs a hug!". It's all a matter of attitude, and it seems a great shame to spend the time wondering about looking grumpy, and offering people a dose of humbug instead of mulled wine."

Personally, I am one of those people who firmly believe that Lembit Opik exists despite all the evidence to the contrary. I do not share his passion for yuletide nor his desire to hug refuseniks but, he is real. Merry Christmas everybody.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?