.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Political blog of the year

Just before the election the Guardian ran an internet poll to find the Backbencher political blog of the year. Thousands of votes were cast, the deadline was reached and passed and then everything went quiet.

Now, Backbencher is back and has announced the results officially. This blog was voted best in the politician's category. Top for political commentary was the Guido Fawkes blog, whilst David Blunkett Is An Arse won the single issues campaign category.

I may put a press release out but somehow I cannot get excited about it anymore!

Update: The BBC report the outcome of the poll here.
Comments:
I may be slow here, but is "Backbencher" an actual backbencher?
 
Not only did I see the posting you referred to but I commented on it. There were allegations of vote rigging and even some evidence but as my blog went into the lead whilst I was away and off-line and stayed there then my conscience is clear.

Anyway as far as I was concerned the honour was in being shortlisted against some very tough competition.
 
If it happened at all I have no knowledge of it and doubt that it occurred.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?