.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Smoked out

One of the attractions of Dublin of course, is the fact that the City operates a smoking ban in its places of work. This means that I can go into a pub, restaurant, club, shop or railway station and breathe fresh air. In doing so I normally have to hold my breath to get past the smokers gathered on the threshold but that is a small price to pay for a healthy social environment.

The downside, I have discovered, is the fact that I cannot adequately take advantage of the good weather. Most cafes, restaurants and pubs have tables and chairs out front and in normal circumstances I would make a beeline for them so as to enjoy my pint or my food in the sunshine. Unfortunately, these have now become the preserve of smokers and, although I could still sit there, I must do so without the significant advantages that are available indoors. Dublin's cafe quarter atmosphere has become smoked out!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?