.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, March 09, 2006

The hazards of transparency

As I believe I have commented before the availablity of the internet in the Assembly Chamber is a mixed blessing. One of the reasons for this is that people in the public gallery can read everything that is up on the computer screen.

Yesterday afternoon I discovered this for myself. I had popped out of the chamber during one of the short debates to show some constituents around the Senedd. I started off by taking them into the public gallery and took up residence on the front row of seats there. Looking down I could quite clearly see that one member had on-line Sudoku up on their screen. Obviously, the speeches were less riveting than usual.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?