.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

In search of a hero

If you are going to cast yourself as a martyr and go to prison for your beliefs it helps if you have the support of your family. Unfortunately, that is one thing that Richard Fitzmaurice neglected to secure as he refused to pay his Council Tax to the Borough Council of King’s Lynn and West Norfolk on the grounds that it is a war hero and a pensioner. He also objects to the Council paying the legal expenses of their leader in a failed complaint against him under the Local Government code of conduct. Mr. Fitzmaurice's wife though is not sympathetic:

“He’s an idiot,” she said. “He has rung me from the cells and he’s full of himself. But he has put me through a lot and at my age I can’t be doing with it.

“I’m certainly not going to visit him. I can’t drive. I depend on him. I’m really rather angry with him. He thinks it’s going to be a laugh. He’s a silly old . . . oh, I nearly sweared.”

Oh dear!
Comments:
The man and his wife live in a three bedroomed house worth £300,000 and he's complaining that he can't keep up? Stop hogging the housing!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?