.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Life on Mars

The final episode of Life on Mars ended last night as enigmatically as the first had begun. To be honest I am too tired from campaigning to try and make any sense of it, but I enjoyed it immensely for the quality of the writing, acting and characterisation. I am indebted therefore to the Western Mail, who have encapsulated some of the best lines in a small article this morning:

Suspect: I want a lawyer.
Gene Hunt: I wanna hump Britt Ekland, what are we gonna do?

Hunt: There will never be a woman prime minister as long as I have a hole in my a***.

Hunt: Now is not the time to have a one-night stand with your conscience.

Hunt: I think you've forgotten who you're talking to.
Tyler: An overweight, over-the-hill, nicotine-stained, borderline-alcoholic homophobe with a superiority complex and an unhealthy obsession with male bonding?
Hunt: You make that sound like a bad thing.

(Questioning a suspect in a cold store) Hunt: My friend is going to ask you some questions. Personally I hope you don't answer them because I want you to die in here and end up inside a pork pie.

Hunt: Don't move, you are surrounded by armed b*****ds.

Sam Tyler: Woman in her 20s, dead.
Hunt: Well I didn't think she was sunbathing, did I?

Hunt: He's got fingers in more pies than a leper on a cookery course.

Hunt: She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

Pure genius. I can't wait for 'Ashes to Ashes', the sequel in which Gene Hunt is placed in the 1980s with a politically correct single mother detective.
Comments:
I liked the clip from last night that was also played on Good Evening Wales:

They were discussing attitudes to policing. Sam said his was:

Serve the public, trust, protect the innocent, uphold the law.

Gene: Training college ?

Sam: Robocop


..and the Camberwick Green sequence from a couple of weeks back was brilliant. "Is it Gene Hunt? Is he kicking a nonce?" raofl
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?