.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Lord Bonkers on the G20 demonstrations

'I marched because of Jonathan Ross, because schoolboys no longer wear short trousers, because you cannot get a cooked breakfast on trains any more. I marched because I can no longer patronise the Woolworth’s Pick ‘n’ Mix counter (even if I don’t tell Nanny), because Tom Croft was omitted from the British Lions touring party to South Africa, because you don’t get proper wet fish shops any more.'

Classic satire.
Comments:
You failed to relay the bit about Honeysuckle Weeks.

I see that she - and her sister, Perdita, who has appeared in receent radio dramas - were born in Cardiff. The English Rose gloss must have been applied when the family moved to Sussex.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?