.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, September 10, 2010

Busy recess

Recess continues to be as busy as ever with a morning spent in the Welsh Assembly in Cardiff Bay yesterday so as to catch up on correspondence, followed by a visit to Tŷ Waunarlwydd, a residential home for dementia sufferers and one of the best in the United Kingdom.

I was fascinated by the way that staff utilise the long term memories of residents to improve the quality of their life. It is a model that is still developing but has already had the seal of approval of some influential national organisations.

The evening was spent at a very busy local party meeting in Neath, whilst this morning I am about to head off to Pencoed to meet the Fire Brigades Union, where we will be discussing proposed changes at Maesteg Fire Station.

This afternoon I am at the Mansion House in Swansea for a charity event I helped set up in support of the RAF Wings Appeal. This grew out of the popular 'Brew for a Few' events put on by the RAF Association to raise money for the same cause. I plan to host one of these myself later in the year.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?