.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Excuses and other reasons

The BBC carries one of those pieces today on excuses that always gives one cause to pause. They have listed some of the more entertaining reasons given by homeowners as to why they do not have a TV licence, leading one to question how these offenders thought anybody would accept their excuse:

Excuses for non-payment given last year included:

"Apparently my dog, which is a corgi, was related to the Queen's dog so I didn't think I needed a TV licence"

"Why would I need a TV licence for a TV I stole? Nobody knows I've got it"

"Only my three-year-old son watches the TV. Can you take it out of the family allowance I receive for him? He watches it so he should pay"

"I had not paid as I received a lethal injection"

"I don't want to pay for a licence for a full year. Knowing my luck I'll be dead in six months and won't get value for money"

"I have lost weight recently and had to buy new clothes. That's why I could not afford to buy a TV licence"


As TV Licensing spokesman Stephen Farmer said, jokes and wacky excuses apart, it is not likely these people were laughing when they faced prosecution and a fine of up to £1,000.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?